Saturday, February 20, 2010

Drops of rain won't bring us down

Wednesday marked our second day in Bonito. We had only reserved one night at Hotel Santa Esmerelda so we had big plans for the day to use all the ranch had to offer: Kayaking, swimming in the river, walking the trails...but the sky had a different idea.

We awoke drowsily to the pitter patter of tropical raindrops on the roof of our bungalow. Most times, when it rains in a place like this, it can be short showers with periods of sun in between. But as luck would have it, I peered out the window at 7am to a completely white sky. This weather wasn't going anywhere. Artemis was heavy with disappointment and went back to bed. Dan was so relaxed and impossible to rouse. So I took advantage of the my boxer shorts and flip flops, my ELLE Decor magazine, and the covered porch of our bungalow. Not many people agree with me, but I just love the rain. I could have sat there all day and been perfectly happy. I was sitting on the porch of a bungalow in Brazil in the middle of a rain storm! I laughed to myself. It doesn't get much better in my opinion.

So we were forced to change our plans a bit. So we headed to the dining hall for a long and relaxed breakfast. Coffee, fresh yogurt, papaya, toast and cheese. Throw in some good company and I'm truly in heaven.



I really had the urge to be IN the rain. Something about it seemed to call me, "come and be healed." My first instinct was to go for a run, but my loving husband questioned whether or not that would be safe. I agreed and decided on a swim in the pool and water aerobics instead. So serene!





Well, the rain didn't let up. With a 12:00 check-out and the river being closed due to it's quick rising, we decided to say good-bye to Hotel Santa Esmerelda and make the quick jump over to our next hotel. Ciao! Obrigada!


No comments: