(Copied from my journal on April 16th)
Sitting at Laguardia airport, gate B8 eating a "toasted" (microwaved) ham and brie sandwich and an extremely dry couscous salad, this is the first moment I have had to pause all week and the third meal I have eaten out of my lap today.
I started a new job this week (praise God).
I have been hired as an assistant designer to the successful Connecticut designer, Mar Silver. That's right, Connecticut. So I am doing the reverse commute (2 hours each way by train) daily. I had originally been hired part time and was scheduled to work three half days in Connecticut and one half day from my apartment, with Fridays off. It seemed like a nice deal. But my first week, I was asked to travel in all 5 days due to our workload, and was told that I should plan to work full time hours for the next few weeks. I have a feeling that the "next few weeks" will be a permanent installment. I am thankful to be working again and hope to use this experience for benefit, even if it is only for the short term.
So far, there isn't much to report. Lot's of purchase orders, price quotes, phone calls, and learning the office system. Stay tuned for updates as I continue to get my feet wet.
In other news, I took the NCIDQ exam on Friday and Saturday. 7 hours of multiple choice and 8 hours of design practicum later, I found myself utterly exhausted. Dan and I celebrated this glorious accomplishment with utter romance. Dinner at Cafe e Vino, complete with a bottle of wine and dessert. Sleeping in on Sunday was divine before we had to prepare for a work week...BOTH of us! 14 weeks until we hear about the results. On with life, I suppose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on the employment. I know it's hard.
Post a Comment