This weekend we had Dan's parents over to cook for them for the first time. The evening was a success! I decided to take on the task of making a pumpkin pie from TRUE scratch. I bought a sugar pumpkin at the farmers market and roasted it and made the puree ahead of time. It was AMAZING. I will never buy canned pumpkin again. I had enough puree to freeze a batch for this Thanksgiving's pumpkin pie. But it doesn't stop at pumpkin pie. This puree can be used for bread or pumpkin ravioli...I wonder what other ideas I can come up with. Last night I toasted the seeds with olive oil, salt, and rosemary and used them for a topping on my salad at dinner. DELISH. All I can say is you will never see that can of pumpkin puree in my pantry again.
I used recipes from marthastewart.com
For the puree: Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin Pie: Favorite Pumpkin Pie
Give it a shot. I highly recommend it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment