Ruthann and Wesley came to stay with us last Wednesday as Ruthann mentally and physically prepared to run the Marathon on Sunday. It was so wonderful to have my dear friend in town again. I only wish that they all could have stayed longer! Having company in the house and providing a "home away from home" was such a joy. Even more, I was refreshed to spend a good amount of time with Ruthann. She and I had spent so much time over the last year or so running together, sharing meals together, and fawning over Wesley after he was born. I really miss them in my life. Wesley's collic and other issues that had put Ru through so much turmoil in the beginning have subsided, and Wesley is a beautiful, joyful little boy. Praise God! He was such a doll, and I really enjoyed connecting with him again as well.
Marathon day was an emotional viewing. I was getting so teary-eyed as I watched the elite men gallop past like a herd of wild ponies. And then again as the general public started running by, the pack getting thicker and thicker and thanking all of us on the side lines for cheering on. I was so proud of Ruthann for running alone and so soon after her c-section delivery last spring. I only wish I could have spotted her to run our planned 6 miles together! There were just so many people! I can't believe I'll be running next year. I am so excited to go through this training process.
The December 19th 15K is slowly approaching and I've really been enjoying developing this running base. I now get up every morning either to run or train at the gym with the exception of Fridays, which are my days off. This week is a pull back week so I'm only running 2 mile distances before I hike it up to 4 on Tuesday and then all the way up to 6 on Saturday. Thank God for the Fort Greene Running Club! They'll be with me every step of the way on that Saturday am 10K run. This is just the beginning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment