Kate and Bryce were married on Saturday in NYC. My first (and possibly only) NYC wedding! Unfortunately I had to go sans Dan. Much to his disappointment, Dan had to miss the wedding because he was standing up in a dear friend's wedding in Cincinnati (Congrats to Phil and Cassie!). I was surprised at how much fun I had, even without a date!
Kate and Bryce were married in a little Gothic church on Park Ave. and 63rd. It was so beautiful. Kate was stunning in a low-cut lace gown and hair worn down in flowing curls. The pastor gave a great message about how marriage invites us to enter into a relationship so intimate that we are unable to hide our faults, and we must have a dependence on God to overcome these truths, forgive one another and love eachother still and even more after having seen their nakedness. God has done this with us and has given us an incredible gift to have that truth and image manifested in a physical relationship with another.
The reception was held at Bridgewaters atop the Fulton Market at South Street Seaport. We enjoyed cocktails and nibblies on the terrace and then dinner and dancing (so much dancing!!) in the reception hall which overlooks the East River with a beautiful view of the Brooklyn Bridge. I had so much fun eating, drinking and dancing with friends from our small group of old. I was also so blessed by Lucas and Dorothee, who were incredibly aware of my disappointment that Dan couldn't be there and made me feel so taken care of and accompanied. I am really starting to reap the benefits of living in community with Lucas and Doro. More on that later...
One of my favorite details was the photobooth that Kate and Bryce had rented. Their guest book had photo corners placed in it so you could take your photo booth strip and place it in the guest book and sign with a little note. I wish I could go back and do this at our wedding. What a fun memory! We fit our whole small group in the booth at one time! The pictures will be posted on their website eventually and I hope to be able to post them here once I retrieve them :)
I <3 NYC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the idea of a photobooth! Kanske lånar den idén till vårt bröllop i framtiden!! :)
Post a Comment