Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So I disappear every once in a while...

Turns out its not very often I have the time to sit in front of the computer when I'm not at work. So many activities I want to take part in and grow in. I've been running, reading, enjoying my husband and visiting with family and friends. But this rainy afternoon gives me a chance to sit down and catch up on the past few months. With a rainy June behind, who knows what July brings. Perhaps there will be plenty of time for tea and blogging!

Highlights from May and June:

We moved!

SWINE FLU!! - Dan and I were both quarantined in bed with the city-feared Swine Flu. NOT fun...

Ruthann and I ran our last race together (the all women's Mini 10K) before her move to Arizona. A great way to end our time together as city friends. Her absence has left a noticable hole in my life, but I'm settling into new patterns as other friends marry or move away this summer.

We kicked off our crazy wedding season with Kris and Catherine's wedding in Ithaca. A GREAT start to the season. We traveled with friends and made a weekend of it! Look for pictures to come :)

Linda, David & little Kristina came to visit us in the big city for the first time wsince we moved here.

We enjoyed the second wedding of the season in Ohio. The McMillens married off their second, Mike. It was such a great reminder to attend a wedding performed by the same pastor who married us two and a half years earlier. And a reunion with 3 childhood friends was a great surprise!

We drove back to NY this Sunday with our beloved kitchen table strapped to the roof of a rental and our grill in the trunk! Looking forward to using both of these in the new place. The most valued cargo however was Emelie, who is staying with us for the week. How precious it is to have her so close! I'm looking forward to the holiday weekend ahead and the time off from work that it brings. More on her visit and our time together to come.

I hope to catch up on some of these big events here with some photos.

No comments: