It's a beautiful day in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. Spring is poking it's little head through the cold. Today I am focusing on relaxing and clearing my head. With work being as stressful as it's been and my schedule so loaded, I really need a day to lay low and do the things I enjoy. I greeted the day with a bowl of Trader Joe's High Fiber O's and a delicious cup of Scandinavian Blend coffee while enjoying the sunshine seeping in through the living room window, warming my pajamas. This was followed by a much needed 5 mile run through Prospect Park. The fresh air was medicine to my soul and the sunshine a great source for joy.
I am now sitting in my apartment anticipating the results of the cheesecake I have sitting in the oven, which I am baking for Drew's birthday party tonight. Raspberry sauce is already done and in the fridge :) My first shot ever at a cheesecake...the recipe is from my boss's sister Biz.
AUNT LOIS' CHEEESECAKE
Crust:
1 1/2c graham cracker crumbs
1/2 stick of butter
1/2c sugar
Cream together & mold into the bottom of a spring form pan.
Filling:
2 8oz packages of cream cheese
2c sour cream
3 eggs
1c sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
Mix cream cheese & sugar, add vanilla. Fold in sour cream. Beat in eggs one at a time. Pour into crust. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Turn off oven and leave cake in for 1 hour (don't peek!).
RASPBERRY SAUCE (From Martha Stewart)
1 pint red raspberries
2Tbs lemon juice
1/4c sugar
Heat all ingredients in a nonreactive saucepan on low heat until raspberries start to release juices and break down (about 5 minutes). Press raspberries through a fine sieve with a rubber spatula. Discard solids. Cool and keep chilled. Can be made one day in advance.
Hope it's a hit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment